Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Beginning

  When it comes to technology, I'm CLUELESS!  I would rather just forget about it than try to learn more about it.  But I've been told by numerous people that I should hop on the blogging bandwagon.  So I decided to give it a go.  I have no idea what direction this blog will take, but I'm open to suggestions.
  So, a little about me for the readers that are sure to start following this blog.  I don't know what I want to do when I grow up.  Never mind the fact that I'm already grown up.  I used to be very smart, and I used to have dreams of working in a big corporation and wearing suits and awesome shoes and living in a big city.  Living a charmed life.  Fast forward about 11 years.  I stay at home with my kids, and my daily wardrobe consists of comfy pants, a t-shirt, and my hair up in a crazy hair concoction.  My hair is in dire need of attention, since I go to the salon about once a year.  If it's a good day with the kids and I don't feel the need to drink before 10 am, I wear fancy comfy pants that don't have food, snot, or excrement on them.  I dress them up with a great piece of Stella and Dot jewelry (my newest love and, ahem, shameless plug) and rock my tennis shoes proudly.  I love fashion, though, and dream about the day that I can wear something in style and fab for 5 minutes without getting kid crud all over them.  I now have the attention span of a nap-deprived two-year-old.  I'm in the midst of reading 5 self help books and I never seem to finish them.  I'm extremely self-critical, so I'm a master at self-deprecating humor.  I'm also extremely sarcastic, love to laugh, and find a good cup of coffee or wine and a good (non-self help) book to be a little slice of heaven.
  I also love my family.  I have a great husband whose career keeps us flitting around the world, and I have 4 adorable, slightly crazy boys who make me insane on a daily basis but also fill my life with laughter.  I love God and I thank Him for his grace and faith in me and hope that I can figure out my life calling and make Him and my boys proud.   Although I am honored and grateful to be a stay-at-home mom, I find it to be a little mind numbing at times. I feel something is missing, and I need to be contributing something else to this world.  I'm hoping that this blog starts me on the right path.  I'm extremely real about my life.  My life is far from perfect, and I embrace that.  I hope that by my telling things how they really are and not sugar coating them, I'll free other people to embrace their imperfections and learn to laugh about them.
  Anyway, my hope is that this blog will be full of musing about life and motherhood, and full of humor and hope for all the other imperfect mommies out there.  Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging world! Another fun way to keep up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Glad you finally got a blog. I know that you've got some amazing stories to share and perhaps if your plummer subscribes he'll understand WHY he is always having to get called to your house. LOL. Just kidding. Looking forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to catch up with you and look forward to all the adventures life throws your way!

    Stop by sometime!

    www.ourbrokenroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on FB that you started a blog! I love reading blogs so I had to come and check it out. :D Loved reading your thoughts. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're making a mark on the world right now and are an Erma Bombeck in the making. You should check out some of her books sometime. I think you would really see yourself in her sarcasm and self depracating humor. I recognized you immediately. You are all this and more and I believe you are right where God wants you to be. You are a shining light and people are drawn to you. You might not understand your purpose, but God does and he's at work molding you daily. Sure do love you. GiGi

    ReplyDelete