Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's been way too long

  I am back!  I had taken a hiatus from writing on the blog for a while, frankly, because I felt like I had nothing great to say.  I was burnt out on child-rearing and thinking in general.  But I have read that a blog is like a garden, which needs to be well-tended in order to thrive.  I haven't done a very good job at that, and anyone who know me and my green thumb abilities can attest to that!  I am going to just start writing about whatever comes to my mind, and it doesn't have to be a long, thought-out affair.
  Today is the late Dr. Seuss's birthday.  Before I elaborate further on that, can anyone please tell me how to properly write the possessive form of Seuss?!  It always throws me when something ends in a s and you have to turn it into possessive form.  Sorry, my mind goes in a hundred different directions.  Anyway, the kids and I started the day with a delicious breakfast of green eggs and ham.  Not hard to do, you just add a little bit of blue food coloring to the eggs.  Because we all learned in kindergarten that blue and yellow make green, right?  The color of the eggs reminded me of something that came out of my little Linky's diaper, but alas, it's the thought that counts!  And I didn't have to eat it.  Wyatt had a Dr. Seuss party at school today, and he wore different colored socks and his Dr. Seuss Converse high tops.  I spent a little of the morning looking at different quotes from Dr. Seuss and I never cease to be amazed by his genius.  His books are so ridiculous, yet so beloved.  I want to be like him when I grow up!  Here are a few great quotes that I found:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." 


"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...


"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.


"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."




  I could go on and on with his brilliance.  But the bottom line is I am so happy that I have kids that I can read his books to and keep his legacy alive.   I hope that I, too, can leave an indelible mark on the world just as he has.  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment